Sunday, March 14, 2010

My version of Waldorf Salad

I love to eat salad and I remember back in High School during cooking lesson in class, we made Waldorf salad.. actually its been ages since I had these (last time was in one of the restaurant at KLCC, Malaysia - few years ago).. so yeah dunno why suddenly wanted to make this..

Since I didnt have any grapes, I substituted it with raisins and instead of mayonnaise, I made my salad to be lighter by using the pre-made herb vinaigrette salad sauce and since I loved to eat vegetable, I added a lot of other vegetable..



Anyway, heres is my version of the recipe:-



My Version of WALDORF Salad - serves 6 as sides


Ingredients:

* 1 whole apples - peeled, cored and chopped into cubes
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/2 cups raisins
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* Mixed lettuce leaf (optional)
* 1/2 Cucumber (sliced)
* 1 whole carrot - grated
* 1 whole tomato - sliced
* 2 tablespoons plain low fat yogurt
* 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
* Herbs Vinaigrette salad sauce



Method:
* Cut all the ingredients as instructed and tossed in a bowl, mixed with the lemon juice, salad sauce and yogurt just before serving..

No comments:

Post a Comment